Spaghettini With Checca Sauce
- 8 ounces spaghettini or angel hair pasta
- 4 scallions coarsely chopped (white and pale green parts only)
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 container cherry tomatoes - (12 oz) halved
- 1 piece Parmesan - (1 oz) coarsely chopped
- 8 fresh basil leaves - (to 10)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese cut 1/2" cubes
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, tender but still firm to the bite, stirring often, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the next 8 ingredients in a food processor. Pulse just until the tomatoes are coarsely chopped (do not puree).
Drain the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water. Toss the pasta with the tomato mixture and fresh mozzarella in a large bowl. Add some of the reserved pasta water (about 1/4 cup) if the sauce looks dry. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.