Chicken Minestrone with Pesto
Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
Calories from fat
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes in juice, undrained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in -in. chunks
- 1 medium baking potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, carrot and celery
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can (16 oz) cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 medium zucchini (about 6 oz), diced
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/3 cup prepared refrigerated basil pesto
Mix all ingredients except the cannellini beans, zucchini, green beans and basil pesto in a 4-qt or larger slow-cooker.
Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
Stir in cannellini beans, zucchini and green beans. Cover and cook on high 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
Spoon into bowls; top servings with pesto.