Jalapeno Popper Dip
This dip is everything that makes jalapeño poppers so addicting, and then some. It’s ooey, gooey, creamy, cheesy and spicy. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, crackers, vegetables, etc.
- 2- 8 oz packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 pieces of bacon- cooked and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers, chopped (optional)
- 6 jalapeno peppers, seeded, ribbed and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 T lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 tsp Ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup Parm Cheese
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, crackers, vegetables, etc.
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook bacon and crumble. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and mayo.
Add bell peppers, jalapenos, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, and 1/2 tsp ea of the chili powder and cumin.
Mix well to combine to a uniform mixture.
Spread dip into a baking pan (I used a 1 1/2 quart oval Corningware or Stoneware type baking dish), smoothing into an even layer.
For the topping: Combine the panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and melted butter in a small bowl, tossing with a fork until the mixture is evenly moistened. Sprinkle evenly over the cream cheese mixture. Then sprinkle with remaining chili powder and cumin.
Bake approximately 30 minutes until cheese is hot and bubbly and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Serve warm or at room temperature with tortilla chips.