Mediterranean Chicken Spaghetti
Sliced chicken breasts cooked in a sauce of tomatoes, oregano, olives and pesto served over pasta with broccoli.
- 10 ounces Compliments Spaghetti, (approx. 1/3 of a package)
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless (approx. 8 ounces each), sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 diced Roma tomatoes (about 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Compliments Oregano
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Sensations by Complimens Méditerranéen Pesto
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from inspired.ca
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding broccoli to the pasta water during the last 20 seconds of cooking.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season chicken on all sides with salt and pepper and cook, browning well, for about 10 minutes. Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
Add the onion and garlic to the chicken and cook a few minutes until fragrant. Add tomatoes, oregano, olives, and reserved pasta water. Simmer for a few minutes to reduce and thicken slightly. Mix in the pesto.
Divide the pasta evenly among 4 plates or bowls and top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.