- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pignolis
- 3 tablespoons diced garlic - (9 cloves)
- 5 cups fresh basil leaves - (packed)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups good olive oil
- 1 cup freshly-grated Parmesan
Place the walnuts, pignolis, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process for 30 seconds. Add the basil leaves, salt, and pepper.
With the processor running, slowly pour the olive oil into the bowl through the feed tube and process until the pesto is finely pureed. Add the Parmesan and puree for a minute.
Serve, or store the pesto in the refrigerator or freezer with a thin film of olive oil on top.
This recipe yields 4 cups.