Soy Marinated Steak and Vegetable Bites
The picture of the steel grill chef's pan is similar to the mesh pan referenced in this recipe.
- 3 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 2 T. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lb. boneless beef sirlion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- Sal and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 bunch green inions, cut into 1-inch pieces
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
In large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, rosemary and olive oil until the sugar is dissolved. Add the beef and bell peppers and sitr to coat evenly. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill.
Set the Mesh Chef's Pan (from Wm. Sonoma)on a baking sheet to catch any excess marinade. Remove the beef and bell peppers from the marinade, and season with salt and pepper. Place the ingredients in the pan and add the green onions. Close the pan lid and set the pan on the grill directly over the heat. Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the peppers are tender and the beef in done to your like, about 15 mintues for medium-rare.
Transfer the beef and vegetables to a warmed platter or individual plates and serve immediately.