Chicken Marsala with Gorgonzola
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Remove and keep warm.
In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by a third. Stir in cream and remaining salt. Return to a boil; cook until slightly thickened.
Return chicken to pan; add 1/3 cup cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; garnish with parsley.