Protein: 3 g
Fat: 12 g
Carbs: 30 g
Fiber: 1 g
- 8 medium carrots
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 65mins
1. Heat oven at 350 F. Coat a 13 X 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Peel, trim, and grate the carrots. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set the mixture aside.
3. With a mixer set on medium speed, blend the butter and both sugars until fluffy, about 3 mins. Add eggs and vanilla and continue beating on medium speed until well blended. Reduce mixer's speed to low and add cxarrots. Mix in buttersctoch chips and the walnuts.
4. Use a wooden spoon to blend flour mixture into wet igredients, scraping down sides of bowl as you work. Pour the batter into the prepared dish and use a spoon or spatula to spread it evenly.
5. Bake the batter, rotating the pan halfway through,until it has risen slightly and the top has formed a thin, brittle crust, about 30 to 35 mins.
6. Place pan on a wire rack and let it cool completely.