Herb Roast Chicken
Just a brushing of butter and herbs before cooking ensures chicken that's irresistibly flavorful and crispy
- 1 (4lb) chicken, cut in half
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 75mins
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange chicken, skin side up in a roasting pan.
2. combine the butter, lemon juice, oregano, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper in a small bowl; mix well.
3. Brush the chicken with the butter and herb mixture.
4. Roast until juices run clear when the chicken is pierced, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
* Healthy Hint: for chicken with less fat remove skin and reduce butter to 2 Tbsp.
* Leftover Magic: try french style chicken salad lettuce wraps. combine 2 cups leftover chicken with 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery. 1 tsp. grated lemon zest , 2 tbsp. toasted sliced almonds and 2 tbsp olive oil. roll up in crisp lettuce leaves and enjoy.
* cal 489; sugars .5g; fat 21g; Sodium 500mg