Grilled Cheese With A Twist
- 1/2 stk unsalted real butter, softened
- 8 slc cheese of choice: swiss, brie, farmer, colby
- 8 slc bread of choice: french, italian, rye, pumpernickel, wheat, raisin
- 1/2 c crumbled blue cheese - optional
- 1/2 c chopped nuts of choice: almonds, macadamia - optional
- 4 Tbsp mustard or hot jelly of choice: grand poupon, hot pepper jelly - optional
Spread mustard (optional) or hot jelly (optional) on four slices of chosen bread.
Then, add 2 TBSPs of blue cheese (optional) and 2 TBSPs of sliced nuts (optional), and 2 slices of chosen cheese on the four slices of bread.
Place the remaining 4 slices of bread on top of each sandwich.
Spread softened butter on the top and bottom of each sandwich stack.
Preheat a large skillet or griddle on low heat.
Cook the sandwiches approximately 3-5 minutes on each side.
Sandwiches should be brown and the cheese melted.
Serve with pickle, soup, or salad as desired.