Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
- 3 tbsp. evoo
- 1 small onion - halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Italian frying pepper - thinly sliced
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 pound shaved or very thinly sliced beef
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- 4 whole wheat pocketless pitas or prebaked individual pizza crusts
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend, or a mix of shredded mozzarella, provolone and parmesean
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet or hot cherry peppers
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat the broiler. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and frying pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef begins to browns, about 3 minutes. Add the parsley, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper and cook, stirring, 1 more minute.
Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with foil. Place the pitas on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese.
Broil the pizzas until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Top with cherry peppers and cut each into quarters.