Cake Batter Puppy Chow
- 5 cups Chex cereal (I prefer the Rice Chex)
- 10 oz (5 squares) vanilla flavored Almond Bark
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- vegetable shortening, optional
Adapted from soveryblessed.com
1. Melt Almond Bark according to the package directions, adding vegetable shortening to thin if desired.
2. Pour the cereal, cake mix, and powdered sugar into a paper bag or container with a lid.
3. Drizzle melted Almond Bark over the cereal and fold down the top of the paper bag or put the lid on the container.
4. Shake bag or container until the cereal is evenly coated.
Tip - The above method worked just fine for me, but some people are having trouble with the Chex and Almond Bark clumping together. Try thinning out the Almond Bark a little with shortening and mixing the Chex with the melted Almond Bark before coating with the cake mix and powdered sugar.