Chocolate-Coconut Cream Pie
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- Pie Filling:
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup Cream of Coconut
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 5 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 cup Toasted Coconut
- Whipped Topping:
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cream of Coconut
- Toasted Coconut Shavings
- Dark Chocolate Shavings
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from chefjoshuaalan.com
1. Melt butter in microwave.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Press into a baking pan. Pack FIRMLY!
4. Baking at 350 for 7-8 minutes.
1. On medium heat, place a medium pot. Add in sugar, 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of cream of coconut. Bring to a simmer.
2. Place egg yolks in a small bowl. Begin whisking.
3. While whisking, add about 1/4 cup of hot milk-sugar mixture. This will temper your eggs instead of cooking them.
4. Add egg yolks to the medium pot, whisking continuously.
5. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 5 tablespoons of milk to make a thin past.
6. Add paste to medium pot.
7. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 3-4 minutes.
8. Remove from heat, add butter, vanilla, and toasted coconut.
9. Place filling in prepared pie crust, then cool for 2 hours in the fridge.
1. In a medium bowl, place whipping cream and begin to whip at the highest speed on the hand mixer.
2. Once stiff peaks form, add powdered sugar. Whip until stuff again and fully combined.
3. Add cream of coconut. Whip until stiff and fully combined.
4. Place whipped topping on cooled pie.
5. Top with toasted coconut shavings and chocolate shavings.