Grilled BBQ Chicken Flatbreads
- 2 flatbreads, store-bought or homemade
- 1 red onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, sliced (about 1 cup)
- Pinch black pepper
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce*
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup chopped pineapple, packed in juice
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 2 slices Canadian bacon, chopped
Preheat the grill to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place the onions and peppers on a grill tray or on a large sheet of heavy-duty foil, then sprinkle on the pepper.
Coat both sides of the chicken with cooking spray.
Transfer the vegetables and chicken to the grill. Cook the chicken three or four minutes per side, until the inside reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove the chicken and veggies from the grill, then lower the heat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces.
Add the grilled veggies, barbecue sauce and pineapple juice to a blender and pulse until it forms a chunky sauce.
Place the flatbreads on a pizza stone, pizza screen or the bottom of a baking sheet prepped with nonstick spray.
Spread 1/2 cup sauce on each flatbread and top with the chicken, cheese, pineapple, and Canadian bacon and place on the grill. Close the lid and cook for about 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
Remove from heat.
Cool slightly before slicing and serving.