Enchanted Forest Salad
- 3 pounds assorted fresh specialty mushrooms sliced (shiitakes, criminis, oysters)
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 tablespoons chopped assorted fresh herbs (tarragon, parsley, chives, thyme)
- 9 ounces arugula leaves washed, dried
- 9 ounces oakleaf leaves washed, dried
- 9 ounces radicchio leaves washed, dried
- 12 tablespoons pignolis (pine nuts) toasted
- 12 tablespoons diced peeled tomatoes
- 12 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 3/4 cups olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Place oil in pan, heat throughly. Add mushrooms; saute until cooked. Add vinaigrette to pan; toss. Add herbs to pan; toss.
Place hot mushrooms in bowl with lettuce; toss. Add nuts and concasse of tomatoes.
To serve, divide into 12 plates, layering mushrooms on top.
Vinaigrette: Combine shallots, oil, vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe yields 12 servings.