Mexican Monterey Chicken
salsa in place of barbeque sauce makes for a great chicken monterey
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise to make 4 thin breasts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (or enough to thinly coat both sides of breasts.)
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spicy salsa, chipotle is good
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- sour cream green onion, sliced thin black olives
1.preheat oven to 425.
2.coat both sides of chicken with mayonnaise.
3.mix together parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
4.dip the chicken breasts in crumb/parmesan and cover evenly.
5.place into a 9x13 baking pan.
6.bake for 15 minutes then top with with salsa and jack cheese and bake 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
7.garnish with sour cream onions and olives.