Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Water or unsweetened almond milk
- Vanilla flavor (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit or berries of your choice
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds, sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts
1. The night before, place oats in a bowl then fill with water to about 1/2 inch above oats.
2. Cover and place in a cool, dry place overnight.
3. In the morning, warm oats with a bit of water / unsweetened almond milk over the stove or drain excess water and serve at room temperature.
4. Stir in cinnamon and vanilla (if desired) and top with raisins/fruit and seeds.
Note: this is a great breakfast to bring with you on the road or to work