SPEEDV TURK£Y TRETRAZlINI
- 8 oz curly egg noodles
- 2/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups sliced white button
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 lb cooked turkey, cut into 3 inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cans (14 oz each) low-sodium
- chicken broth
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
Cooking time 50mins
• Cook noodles according to pack.-
age directions; drain and set aside.
• Meanwhile, heat oven to
425°F. In a bowl, combine bread
crumbs, 1/4 cup cheese, 3 tbsp
butter and l/S tsp salt; set aside.
• In a medium saucepan, combine
1 tbsp butter, the mushrooms,
onion and remaining 1 tsp salt.
Cover and cook over medium high beat
3 min. Uncover and
cook, stirring, 3 min more;
transfer to a bowl. Toss in turkey
and peas; set aside.
• For sauce, in a medium saucepan,~
whisk together broth,flour
and remaining 2 tbsp butter, bring
to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer,
whisking constantly, until
thickened, 4 to 5 min; remove
from heat. Stir in remaining 1 12 cup
cheese, the lemon juice and thyme.
Salt and pepper to taste.
• In a 13-by-9-inch baking dish,
combine sauce, turkey mixture
and noodles; top with breadcrumb
mixture. Bake until
golden and bubbling, 13 to 15
min. Serve warm.