Breakfast Casserole - Christmas
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 c chopped onion
- 7 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained & chopped, divided
- 10 oz. pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed & well drained
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 t dried basil
- 1 \2 t salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 c milk
- 4 oz shredded provolone cheese
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
In skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to greased 3 qt baking dish. Sprinkle with half the red peppers & all the spinach.
In bowl, combine flour, Parmesan, basil & salt. Combine eggs & milk; add to dry ingredients & mix well. Pour over spinach.
Bake at 425 for 20-25 min or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Sprinkle with provolone & remaining red peppers. Bake 2 min. More until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 min before serving. Garnish with rosemary, if desired.