Gazpacho Salad Bowl
- 2/3 cup salad or olive oil
- 1/3 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 1 tspn dried basil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 6 medium mushrooms - (1/4 lb) washed, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced (on the diagonal) scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 zucchini - (1 1/4 lb) washed, and thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes - (1 lb) peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 green pepper - (8 oz) cut into strips
- 1/2 pound natural Swiss cheese slivered
In medium bowl, combine salad oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and sugar, mix well. Add mushrooms and scallions. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, toss gently to combine. Cover bowl tightly, and refrigerate about 4 hours.
In salad bowl, refrigerate prepared zucchini, tomatoes and green pepper, cover.
To serve: Add dressing to vegetables, toss gently until all vegetables are well coated. Garnish with Swiss cheese.
This recipe yields 8 servings.