Roasted Portabella Sandwiches With Teriyaki Mayo
- 5 tablespoons teriyaki sauce divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon finely-chopped garlic
- 4 portabella mushrooms - (abt 1 lb) cleaned, and stems removed
- 1 medium red onion cut thick slices
- 1 large sweet green bell pepper seeded, and cut into strips
- 4 sesame Kaiser rolls split and toasted (or sandwich-sized English muffins)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
In small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of teriyaki sauce with olive oil; set aside. In another small bowl, combine mayonnaise, remaining 4 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce and garlic; set aside.
Arrange mushroom caps (stem-side down), onion and pepper on broiler pan. Brush teriyaki-oil mixture over vegetables. Roast in center of oven until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
Spread teriyaki mayonnaise on cut sides of rolls. On each roll bottom half, arrange portabella, onion and pepper, dividing evenly. Cover with tops of rolls.
This recipe yields 4 servings.