Weight Watcher Slowcooker Chicken Posole
This hearty Mexican soup is mildly hot. It's also chunky and satisfying like a stew. 10 points a serving.
- 1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
- 4 oz frozen mixed vegetables, onion, pepper and celery mixture (about 1 cup)
- 14 1/2 oz canned hominy, drained
- 4 oz canned jalapeno peppers, mild-variety, diced, drained
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, with smoked chipotle chiles (do not drain)
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken thigh(s), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup(s) fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium fresh lime(s), cut into 4 wedges
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 420mins
Adapted from weightwatchers.com
Place garlic, frozen vegetables, hominy, jalapenos, tomatoes with their juice, chicken, broth, salt, cumin and pepper in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker; stir. Cover and cook on high heat for 4 to 5 hours or on low heat for 7 hours.
Spoon posole into 4 bowls and garnish each serving with a lime wedge. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.