Pizza Sauce (Northern Italy)
While hosting 4 Italian exchange students there was constant complaints that American Pizza sauce was too spicy. So after experimentation I created a very, very simple sauce that they unanamously agreed was "perfecto"!
- 1 Part canned tomato paste
- 3 Parts canned tomato sauce
- 1 Fresh tomato (chopped) for each (approximately)28 ounces of finished sauce
- NOTE: Figure 8-10 fluid ounces per 16 inch round pizza (roughly 200 square inches if using square pans)
1. It's correct NO SPICES AT ALL
2. Mix and serve NO COOKING