Granola (Mary Behrendt)
This is an awesome granola. The trick is to have "real" maple syrup, not Aunt Jemima and the sprinkling of cinnamon before going in the oven.
- 3 c rolled oats
- 1 c slivered almonds
- 1 c pecans
- 3/4 c shredded sweet coconut (optional, I leave out)
- 1/4 c plus 2 T dark brown sugar or sugar substitute (I leave out)
- 1/4 c plus 2 T real maple syrup (I add more to make up for brown sugar)
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 3/4 t salt
- 1 c raisins
- shake cinnamon over mix before putting in the oven
- (I use cranberries, dried fruits and I use more nuts then above)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 80mins
Preheat oven to 250.
In a large bowl combine the nuts, oats, coconut and sugar. Stir with your hands.
In a bowl combine syrup, oil, and salt and pour into the dry mix. Pour onto a sheet pan and cook for 1hr and 15min stirring every 15 min. Remove and add raisins and dried fruit.