- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves - (abt 1 1/4 lbs)
- 12 ounces fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced - (abt 3 3/4 cups)
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions thawed
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 tspn dried thyme, crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 can chopped tomatoes - (14 oz)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
In large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add chicken; cook until brown on both sides, about 6 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet.
Add mushrooms, onions and garlic; cook and stir until mushrooms are golden, about 6 minutes. Return chicken to skillet. Stir in thyme, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes with their juice and the wine; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over steamed rice, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.