- 2 portabella mushroom caps rinsed, wiped clean
- Olive oil as needed
- 2 eggs (or egg substitute)
- 1 tablespoon diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 tablespoon diced tomato
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 dash thyme
On a baking sheet, broil the portabella (wipe the bottom with olive oil to prevent sticking) until just tender.
In a fry pan, scramble the eggs, pepper, onion, tomato, salt, pepper and thyme until cooked through. Cup the egg mixture into the portabella cap and return to the oven for a short time.
Garnish with parsley and serve. You may choose to add cheese, ham or bacon, however the portabella is a rich meal by itself.
This recipe yields 2 servings.