Crimini Stuffed With Spicy Guacamole
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded, diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 serrano chiles finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe medium avacado
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro stems removed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pound fresh crimini mushrooms - (to 2) cleaned, and stems removed
Combine the tomatoes, onion, chiles, and salt in a medium bowl and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, split the avocado in half and remove the seed. Scoop out the avocado meat and place in a food processor. Add the cilantro, vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, and the lemon juice and blend until smooth.
Fold the avocado puree into the tomato mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour before using.
Adjust seasoning for filling with salt if necessary. Stuff the mushroom caps with the guacamole and serve.
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
Suggested wine: Long Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc