- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup POM wonderful 100% pomegranate juice
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (40% milk fat)
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon LorAnn's pomegranate flavor*
- 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- a little red and royal blue food coloring
Adapted from notsohumblepie.blogspot.de
Line a 9x9 inch pan with foil and coat with a little nonstick spray.
Combine sugar, butter, pomegranate juice and cream into a heavy bottomed sauce pan--once again, recommending non-stick pan for this--and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly. Once boiling, attach a candy thermometer and reduce the heat to a hair above medium low and continue to stir for 7-10 minutes until your thermometer reads 234°F.
Once your mixture hits the appropriate temperature, remove from heat and grab a wooden spoon. Add the white chocolate chips stirring vigorously until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Add the flavoring, food coloring and marshmallow creme and mix until well blended.
Pour the mixture into your pan and allow to cool for several hours, until firm.
*1/2 teaspoon LorAnn's pomegranate flavor
This is a highly concentrated candy flavoring, found in most baking/candy making supply stores.