Philly Cheese Steak
Less fat version
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 (5inch) portobello mushroom caps
- olive oil
- 1 C thinly sliced onion
- 2 C sliced green & red peppers
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp flour
- 1/2 C milk
- 3 oz provolone, swiss or asiago cheese (grated)
- 1/5 tsp dry mustard
- 4 hoagie rolls
1. cut beef across the grain into thin slices. Sprinkle beef w/salt & pepper. Thinly slice mushroom caps and cut in half again.
2. Heat large skillet over med-high heat. Add tsp olive oil, swirl to coat. Add beef to pan, saute 3 minutes or until beef is not pink, stirring constantly. Remove beef from pan. Add another tsp olive oil. Saute onions 3 minutes, then add mushrooms, peppers and garlic, saute 6 more minutes. Then return beef to pan until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce and worchestershire sauce.
3. place flour in a small saucepan, gradually add milk, wisk to blend, bring to simmer over medium heat, cook 1 minute, remove from heat. Add cheese and mustard stirring until smooth.
4. Place meat on bun, drizzle sauce over meat and replace top bun.