Moroccan Chicken Salad
- 1 c whole wheat couscous
- 2 c diced cooked chicken
- 1 c grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 each sweet orange & red pepper, diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 c whole salted dry-roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp ea fresh cilantro & fresh mint
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1/2 tsp each cumin and salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon & chili powder
- 1/4 tsp each black pepper & cayenne pepper
In large heatproof bowl, stir 1 cup boiling water with couscous; cover and let stand until absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with fork; let cool to room temperature.
Add chicken, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, almonds, onions, cilantro and mint.
Dressing: whisk together oil, lemon juice, honey, cumin, salt, cinnamon, chili powder, and peppers. Drizzle over salad and toss gently.