Nonna's Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb of Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup of Rice, cooked according to package instructions but making sure to drain it when it’s not fully cooked yet, about 10 minutes away from being done.
- 1 teasp. salt
- 1/4 teasp pepper
- 3 Tbsp of Chopped Basil and Parsley
- 1/4 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
- 1 cup of Chopped Mozzarella, or any other cheese of your choice
- 1 Egg
- 6 Plum Tomatoes, diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- Olive Oil, as needed
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Double recipe for 8-10 peppers
Combine ground beef, rice, basil and parsley, parmesan cheese, mozzarella, egg, 1 cup of plum tomatoes diced, garlic and 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
Spread a little of the fresh tomato in bottom of baking pan add stuffed peppers and then cover with rest of tomato mixture. Cover tightly and bake @375 degrees for 2 hrs.