- 1 bag pre-cut classic coleslaw
- 2 large carrots, cut in matchsticks or grated
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in matchsticks
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced very thin
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno pickling juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Chop all of the vegetables and toss in a large bowl.
In another bowl whisk all of the dressing ingredients together.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss so that everything is evenly coated.
Cover and refrigerate for at least three hours.
You can make this coleslaw as soon as three hours before serving or up to twenty-four hours in advance. Before serving drain off excess liquid and reserve a quarter cup of it to pour over the finished salad. Discard the rest of the liquid.