Quick Chicken Piccata:
Phil likes this version
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- (or thin tenders)
- cayenne pepper, or to taste
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- all purpose flour for dredging
- 2 T evoo
- 1 T capers
- 1/2 c. white wine
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 water
- 3 T. cold unsalted butter cut into 1/4" slices
- 2 T. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Place chicken breasts between 2 layers of plastic wrap and pound to about 1/2" thick
OR use thinnest cutlets/tenders possible
2. Season both sides of chicken breasts with cayenne, S and P, dredge lightly in flour and shake off excess.
3. Heat evoo in a skillet over medium high heat. Place chicken in the pan, reduce heat to medium, and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side; remove to a plate
4. Cook capers in reserved oil, smashing them lightly to release brine, until warmed throughout, about 30 seconds.
5. Pour white wine into skillet. Scrape any browned bits from the bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
6. Stir lemon juice, water, and butter into the reduced wine mix; cook and stir continuously to form a thick sauce, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir parsley through the sauce.
7. Return chicken breasts to the pan, cook til heated through, 1-2 minutes. Serve with sauce spooned over the top.