Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- Serves 4
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: >10 minutes
- Recipe adapted from Weight Watchers One Pot cookbook.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 6 About 6 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into thirds & fully cooked
- 2 tablespoons parsley (dried or fresh)
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until garlic is fragrant, about one minute. Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Cook mixture until it thickens up a bit, around 5 minutes.
Add noodles to skillet and stir into the mixture well. Add scoops of ricotta cheese over the noodles; add in mozzarella and Parmesan. Stir in parsley. Cook about 2 more minutes, or until mixture is thick.
Serve immediately with additional basil or parsley.
Nutritional information per 1 cup:
Fat: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 42 grams
Fiber: 9 grams
Protein: 15 grams
Weight Watchers Points Plus Points: 7