Chicken (Buttermilk Roasted)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika, plus extra for sprinkling (I used smoked paprika)
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds chicken parts (I used all legs)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt to taste
1. Whisk buttermilk with garlic, table salt, sugar, paprika and lots of freshly ground black pepper in a bowl. Place chicken parts in a gallon-sized freezer bag (or lidded container) and pour buttermilk mixture over top completely covering the chicken.
2. Refrigerate for at least 2 but preferably 24 hours.
3. When ready to roast, heat oven to 425. Line a baking dish with foil. Remove chicken from buttermilk brine and arrange in dish. Drizzle lightly with olive oil, then sprinkle with additional paprika and sea salt to taste.