- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pound puffballs - (about) peeled, and cut into 1/2" slices
- 1 egg beaten with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter or more if needed
- 2 tablespoons oil or more if needed
* Alternate Mushrooms: Boletes, Oyster mushroom
Mix the salt with the flour. Dip the mushroom slices in the flour, then in the egg, and last, in the cheese. Melt the butter and oil in a sauté pan or skillet and sauté the mushrooms slowly until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve at once.
This recipe yields 4 appetizer servings.