- 1 pound pork loin cut into strips
- Flour as needed
- 1/4 pound bacon cut 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound common store mushrooms* sliced
- 1/2 pound tomatoes peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 pieces beef jerky - (to 3) optional
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
* Alternate Mushrooms: Hedgehog Mushroom
Dredge the pork strips in the flour. In a sauté pan or skillet, sauté the bacon for a few minutes. Then add the pork strips and brown lightly for 10 minutes. Remove the pork strips and bacon with a slotted spoon.
Add the onion and mushrooms to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and beef jerky. Simmer for 15 minutes or so. Return the pork strips and bacon to the pan.
Add the sour cream, sherry, and cream, and stir. Heat briefly. Do not boil. Correct the seasoning and remove the jerky, if used. Serve with buttered noodles.
This recipe yields 4 main dish servings.