CHOCOLATE ANGEL PIE
- Recipe By : Loraine Meyer Osgood
- Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories : Desserts
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- MERINGUE CRUST
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup nuts
- 1 pkg. chocolate chips
- 4 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 pint heavy cream -- whipped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
CRUST: Butter a 9-inch pie plate. Beat egg whites until foamy, add cream of tartar. Beat until stiff. Add sugar slowly. Shape into pan. Sprinkle nuts on top. Slivered almonds are good. Bake for one hour in 275 oven.
FILLING: Melt choc. chips and water in double boiler. Stir until smooth. Cool. Add whipped heavy cream and vanilla. Put into cooled crust.