Chicken With Chanterelles And Marsala
- 4 single chicken breasts skinned and boned
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon mirin or dry sherry
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 pound chanterelles* - (to 3/4) sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
* Alternate Mushrooms: Common Store Mushroom, Hedgehog Mushroom, Milky Caps
Marinate the chicken breasts in 2 tablespoons of the peanut oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, mirin, and garlic for 2 hours.
In a sauté pan or skillet, cook the mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of the oil slowly to cook off their liquid; set aside.
Mix the paprika into the flour. Drain the chicken and roll it in the flour mixture.
In another sauté pan or skillet, sauté the chicken in the remaining oil, browning on both sides for 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth, Marsala wine, and the mushrooms. Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Add pepper to taste.
This recipe yields 4 main course servings.