- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces fresh morels washed, trimmed, and sliced
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms washed, trimmed, and sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 shallots peeled, minced
- 1/8 cup Madeira
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 slices white bread crusts removed, and toasted
Place a medium skillet over high heat and melt the butter, being careful not to let it brown. Add the morels and cremini and saute for a few minutes, or until the mushrooms are wilted.
Add the thyme and the shallots and continue to saute until the shallots are translucent. Add the Madeira and reduce until very little moisture is left in the pan.
Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a food processor. Puree until smooth. Add the sour cream and season to taste. Place in a crock and serve with the toast points.
This recipe yields ?? servings.