- 1 large shallot, minced finely
- 4 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, leave the shells on
- 1 cup white wine, I used Vinho Verde, water or stock can be used instead
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon piri piri, or your favorite hot sauce
- handful parsley for garnish
- 1 packet Goya Sazon Con Culantro y Achiote
In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over low heat.
Add the shallot, cook over medium-low heat until soft, about 4 minutes.
Add the garlic, stir, and cook for a minute.
Sprinkle the Goya Sazon over the onion, and garlic; add the shrimp.
Stir, and continue cooking over medium low heat, for 5 minutes; stirring often.
Add the white wine, lemon juice, and piri piri, stir, lower heat to a simmer and cook until shrimp are cooked; about 5 – 8 minutes, depending on how large they are.
(If you desire a thicker sauce, remove the shrimp, and continue cooking the broth until it is slightly reduced, and a bit thicker. It will take about 3 – 5 minutes. Then return the shrimp to the pan, stir)
Stir in parsley and remove from heat