- 2 1/2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken (can use rotisserie chicken)
- 2/3 cup Pincante sauce (jar or homemade)
- 1/3 cup green onion slices (sub. regular onions)
- 3/4 to 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. oregano leaves, crushed
- 8 flour tortillas (7 to 8 inch)
- 1 cup shredded cheese cheddar, or Monterey Jack cheese (I use velveeta, one thin slice per tortilla)
Combine chicken, picante sauce, onion, cumin, oregano in saucepan, simmer 5 minutes or until most of liquid has evaporated. Brush one side of tortilla with butter, (you can use butter flavored spray). Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto center of unbuttered sides; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. (I put the cheese on the tortilla shell first so it will melt down over the chicken when placed on pan. Fold 2 sides over filling; fold ends down. Place seam side down on a foil covered and sprayed jelly roll pan.
Bake in preheated oven at 475 degrees about 13 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
Top with Guacamole, sour cream, shredded lettuce and additional picante sauce to serve.