- 1 hare dressed, skinned, and cut in serving-size pieces
- 1/4 cup diced bacon or salt pork
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat
- 1/2 cup flour seasoned with
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons dry onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Heat the fat in Dutch oven with the salt pork or bacon. Dredge meat in seasoned flour, and sear well on all sides in the hot fat.
Blend tomato soup in hot water and add to meat. Add onion flakes and sugar. If necessary, add water to just cover everything. Cook all day at low heat.
This recipe yields ?? servings.