- 2 1/2 pounds venison stew meat - (to 3) trimmed, and cut into 1" cubes and seasoned with salt
- and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion coarsely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 quarts beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups diced tomatoes fresh or canned
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups canned kidney beans
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans
- 1 1/2 cup elbow macaroni
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in a large stockpot and add venison, cooking until evenly browned. Add onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes more. Add next 5 ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until meat begins to break apart easily.
Add carrots, celery and beans. Cook 10 minutes. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Serve in bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.