Mexican Chili Burger
This is a hamburger we really like.
- 1 pound(s) ground round
- 1 cup(s) plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 vegetable cooking spray
- 4 (3/4oz) slices fat-free Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) non fat sour cream
- 4 (1 1/2oz) hamburger buns
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 8 (1/4-inch thick) slices tomato
- 4 slices onion, grilled (optional)
1. Combine first 9 ingredients; stir well. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a ½-inch thick patty.
2. Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place over medium-hot coals (350 to 400°F). Place patties on rack; grill covered for 6 minutes on each side or until done. Place 1 slice cheese on top of each patty, cover and grill 1 additional minute, or until cheese melts.
3. Spread 1 tablespoon sour cream over top half of each bun. Place patties on bottoms of buns; top each with lettuce, tomato, grilled onion (if desired), and top half of bun.