Wickedly Good Sloppy Joes
You'll never use a package mix for sloppy Joe's again! These are so tasty, and wickedly good! Serve on your favorite bun with a side of fries.
- 1 pound ground brisket, or ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped, or less if you prefer
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Salt and peppe,r to taste
Adapted from twirlandtaste.com
In a large skillet over high heat, sauté the beef, onions, and garlic until the beef is cooked and browning, and all the liquid has boiled off (around 10 minutes).
Turn the heat down to low; then add the spices and cook, stirring, for a few seconds. Stir in the remaining ingredients, then partially cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent scorching. If mixture is still not thick enough to your liking, add a bit more flour until it is.
Serve on your favorite bun.