Easy Amish Cinnamon Bread
- Topping ~ Cinnamon/sugar mixture:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Adapted from sweetmagnoliaway.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Grease two loaf pans.
2. Mix together the topping ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar, and eggs.
4. Add the flour, baking soda, and milk. Mix just until combined.
5. Fill each prepared pan 1/2 full. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the topping.
6. Add the remainder of the batter to each pan, and sprinkle with the remaining topping.
7. Use a knife to swirl the cinnamon and sugar into the batter.
8. Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until done.
9. Cool in pans for 20 minutes.
Remove and enjoy! ♥