K's Melt-in-Your-Mouth Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- 1-1/2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Crazy Jane's Mixed-Up salt (or seasoning salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/4 pounds ground round
- 1 slice bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Combine eggs, milk, bread crumbs, oatmeal, onion, peppers, salt, sage,
worcestershire and mushrooms in a large bowl. Crumble ground beef over mixture and stir well to combine. Shape into a round loaf. Take 4 pieces of foil and flatten into low balls and put on bottom of slow cooker.**Form meatloaf and lay on top of a sheet of foil, sprayed with Pam, just big enough to hold meatloaf and lower down on top of foil balls. Put 2 slices of bacon on top of meatloaf. Cover and cook on Low about 4-1/2 hours. Remove top and discard bacon.
2.Whisk ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl; spoon sauce over meat loaf. Return to slow cooker and cook on high 1 hour. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
** the foil balls help the meatloaf drain so that's it's not sitting in any grease. Also, by putting it on another small sheet of foil sprayed with Pam, it's easy to just lift out of the slow cooker.
Turns out very moist!