GARLIC LIME SHRIMP WITH BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALAD
Scramble Flavor Booster: Stir a little fresh lime juice and cilantro into the sour cream before serving, and dice 1 chili pepper, such as a jalapeño or Serrano chili, into the salad.
- 1 1 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined, and thawed, if frozen
- 1-1 1/2 1-1 1/2 2 1/3 juice only, 2 1/3 Tbsp.
- 1 1 6 Tbsp. minced garlic, (4 - 6 cloves)
- 1/4- 1/2 1/4- 1/2 to tsp. kosher or sea salt, to taste
- 15 15 15 oz. canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/4 1 1/4 2 3 frozen corn kernels, thawed (or use kernels off of 2 - 3 ears of corn)
- 1 1 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 1 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
- 3/4 3/4 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 1 1 cup low fat sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Ingredients for side dish - BROWN OR WHITE RICE
- 1-2 1-2 1-2 cups quick-cooking brown or regular white rice (s)
- 2 15 large bowl, combine the shrimp, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, garlic and kosher salt. Refrigerate it for 15 minutes while you prepare the black bean and corn salad. (Meanwhile, prepare the rice, if you are serving it.)
Heat 2 tsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. With a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Sauté the shrimp for 2 - 3 minutes until it begins to turn pink, flipping it once or twice as it cooks. Add the reserved marinade and continue cooking for about two more minutes, until the shrimp is cooked through. Toss it with 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (optional). Serve the shrimp and salad with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.