- CREAM FILLING
- 1/4 c superfine sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 c light cream or half n half
- 2 lg lightly beaten egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c whipping cream
- 2 c sifted confectioners sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp boiling water
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE TOPPING
- 1 1/2 Tbsp melted semisweet chocolate
- PUFF PASTRY
- 3 pkg puff pastry sheet, thawed
1. For Puff Pastry:
Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or plain brown paper; set aside.
2. Unfold puff pastry sheet and trim edges. Cut pastry into equal rectangles(size preference is up to you). Transfer pastry to the prepared baking sheets; prick pastry. Bake in a preheated oven for 18-23 minutes, or until golden. (Or bake according to package directions.) Carefully remove pastries from baking sheet. Cool on a rack.
3. For Cream Filling:
In a heavy, medium saucepan stir together sugar, flour, and salt. Slowly stir in half-and-half or light cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Slowly stir about half of the hot mixture into beaten egg yolks. Return all to saucepan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap and cool just until warm without stirring. In a small mixing bowl beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold whipped cream into warm pastry cream.
4. For Glaze:
In a medium mixing bowl combine confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough boiling water to make a glaze of spreading consistency; set aside.